How to use the OptionsHouse Platform
This guide will show you how to configure your screen, place trades and access the help system.
Accessing the platform
- To begin, click Log in in the upper right corner of this site.
- While on the Secure Account Login page, enter your User ID and password and click the Secure Login button.
- Once logged in, you’ll be on the Account Management1 screen. Click the Launch Trading button found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Configuring the platform
- To configure your screen, click the square layout icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen next to logout. Then select your layout by clicking the icon that corresponds to your preferred design.
- You can also drag and drop the expandable side components to further customize your screen view.
- To manage your user configuration settings, click the spoke icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Then select any tab, change the settings and click the Save All Changes button.
Placing a trade on the platform
- To place a trade, click any quote in the platform to access the action menu.
- To trade an option, click the Options tab along the top navigation bar and then click on any quote you wish to trade, which also opens the action menu.
- Once the action menu is open, click either the Buy or Sell buttons to open the Order Entry Ticket.
- You can edit the quantity by clicking the up down arrows on the left, making a selection with the drop down menu on the right or typing in a new value. A live bid and offer quote streams to the right for your reference.
- Review the details of your order, including costs and impact to your buying power. You can click the Edit button to change any order parameters. You may also cancel the order by clicking the Close (x) button in the top right-hand side of Order Entry Ticket confirmation window.
- Click the Send button to send the order to the marketplace.
For more information, see How to Place an Order.