In a cash account, if a settled position is sold (settlement on a stock trade is trade date + 3 business days, settlement on an option trade is trade date + 1 business day), the funds are available the next business day for trading unless you contact the trade desk to release the proceeds early. If an unsettled position is sold the funds are not available for trading until the purchase of the position has settled. In a Margin account you will be able to use the funds immediately after closing a position. Please be aware that in a Margin account you can only day trade on your start of the day buying power.
FAQs  > Topic: Trading
Most Viewed FAQs
- Is there a minimum funding level?
- How do I transfer money from my bank into my account via ACH (Electronic Transfer)?
- What Are Your Margin Requirements?
- Can I use a wire transfer to deposit funds into my account?
- How is day trading buying power calculated?
- How do I place an order?
- How do I transfer my account from another financial institution to OptionsHouse?
- Which mobile phones or devices are supported by the OptionsHouse mobile site?
- Can I use OptionsHouse on a Mac?
- What types of ACAT transfers are there?