FAQs  > Topic: Funding
Currently, OptionsHouse does not require a minimum funding level to open a new account. However, there may be a funding requirement depending on the type of trading you engage in, or if there is a promotion associated with your account.
- We suggest funding with a minimum of $1,000 for a cash account to ensure you have sufficient funds to execute your trading strategies.
- We require a minimum of $1,000 for real-time quotes for non-professional subscribers and a minimum of $2,000 for professional subscribers.
- We require a minimum funding level of $2,000 for a margin account in order to receive margin treatment on any trades you make. Any margin account falling below $2,000 in margin equity receives no margin treatment and is essentially treated like a cash account.
- There may be other minimum funding levels or minimum numbers of trades required to qualify for certain promotions on your cash or margin account. See our current promotions
- We require an account minimum of $2,000 to establish check writing privileges and a minimum of $10,000 to establish debit card privileges for both cash and margin accounts.