Did you know?
To help you get the most from the OptionsHouse platform, this series of tips is designed to save you time with handy shortcuts. This installment focuses on the symbol wheel on our new mobile app.
Tip: Tap the delta at the bottom of the screen in the mobile app to bring up the symbol wheel for a quick and easy way to look up symbols and view previously viewed symbols.
Quotes are an important part of the mobile trading experience, and one that our new mobile app has optimized. Our patent-pending1 symbol wheel offers a quick and easy way to look up symbols while providing a history of the last five symbols that were searched. The five most recent symbols are fully selectable, which provides a quick way to access quote information with just a few taps—instead of having to retype the quote if you navigate to another screen.
Symbol Wheel Features:
- Easy to access once you log into the app; just tap the delta at the bottom of the screen to bring up the symbol wheel.
- You can look up a quote using the search widget at the top of the symbol wheel, or just click on the search icon at the top of the app screen. The most recently searched symbol will appear directly beneath the search widget at the top of the symbol wheel.
- Provides a live stream of the prices for the last five symbols you’ve searched.
- Price changes for each symbol are color coded for easy legibility: red for losses, and green for gains.
- Left-handers can flip the quote wheel’s orientation to the opposite side of the screen just by swiping left or right
The above information is provided by OptionsHouse for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as trading or investment advice or a recommendation that any particular security, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You are solely responsible for your investment decisions. Commentary and opinions expressed are those of the author/speaker and not necessarily of OptionsHouse. Neither OptionsHouse nor any of its employees, officers, shareholders or affiliated companies guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions of guest speakers or commentators. Projections or other information regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature and are not guarantees of future results. Results may vary with each use and over time. Any examples used that discuss trading profits or losses may not take into account trading commissions or fees.