Did you know?
To help you get the most from the OptionsHouse platform, this series of tips is designed to save you time with handy shortcuts. This installment focuses on our powerful LiveAction scanning tool.
Tip: Get new trading ideas with LiveAction
Most brokerages and several free financial sites have stock screeners, but our award-winning technology goes far beyond that, offering you a quick and easy way to identify new trading opportunities with the LiveAction tool.
Only available at OptionsHouse, LiveAction:
- Is a great tool for trade idea generation, and offers more robust and useful information than your typical online stock screener
- Uses real-time streaming data – most brokerages have delayed or batched data
- Is one of the only screeners that shows unusual options activity, allowing you to spot potential opportunities
- Offers 85 preset scans, as well as the ability to create custom scans
- Allows you the commanding ability to use about 140 criteria to create a custom scan with over a billion combinations
Here how to access LiveAction, step-by-step:
- Navigate to the Markets tab and then click LiveAction.
- View available scans (scans are parsed into categories).
- Click Run or click on the line item.
- View results: You can click on any line item to open the action menu that allows you to trade, view quotes, open an option chain, choose a strategy, or simulate a position.
Stay tuned for more “Did you know?” tips in future newsletters!
NOTE: Only clients with real time quotes will be able to use LiveAction
IMPORTANT: The projections or other information generated by LiveAction regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results and are not guarantees of future results. Results may vary with each use and over time.
The above information is provided by OptionsHouse for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as trading or investment advice or a recommendation that any particular security, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You are solely responsible for your investment decisions. Commentary and opinions expressed are those of the author/speaker and not necessarily of OptionsHouse. Neither OptionsHouse nor any of its employees, officers, shareholders or affiliated companies guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions of guest speakers or commentators. Projections or other information regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature and are not guarantees of future results. Results may vary with each use and over time. Any examples used that discuss trading profits or losses may not take into account trading commissions or fees.