How to Protect Yourself
At OptionsHouse, we do all that we can to make sure that your confidential data remains secure. But you also have a responsibility and role in helping keep your account safe and secure. By following account security best practices and being diligent about always using smart internet safety practices, you can help us in the protection of your account.
Research shows that paper documents remain the most prevalent way identity theft takes place. Reduce this risk by choosing electronic statements.
Use our Two-Factor Authentication to send an unique code to your phone when logging in. This extra layer of protection, in addition to your username and password, verifies it's you and not someone else. Learn more about the OptionsHouse Authenticator
Secure PIN is an added layer of account management security, used in conjunction with your username and password. It helps protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized cash transactions. Learn more about Secure PIN
Tips and Best Practices for Online Security
1. Use antivirus software and antispyware and make sure both are running and up-to-date.
2. Use a firewall on both your computer and router and make sure it is turned on.
3. Turn on anti-spam and anti-phishing features and software.
4. Change your password frequently and follow good password security guidelines such as:
Do not reuse old passwords
Do not use the same password for multiple accounts
Don’t use Personal Identifiable Information in your password or user name, i.e. Social Security Numbers, Birthdays, School Names, Hometowns, or Pet Names
Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password
Don’t use a word that can be found in a dictionary as your full password
Create passwords of eight characters or more
5. Do not access your account from a public computer such as in a library, hotel, internet café, or kiosk. These are more likely to be infected with a virus or spying malware that can compromise your login credentials or account information.
6. Monitor your account. Check your account, statements, and confirms regularly to verify all transactions.
7. Use the OH Authenticator to add an additional layer of security to your login. Learn more about the OptionsHouse Authenticator
8. Enable Secure PIN to Protect help protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized cash transactions. Learn more about Secure PIN
9. Logoff your account when you are finished.
10. Do not open emails from unfamiliar sources and do not click on strange links in either emails or instant messages.
11. Do not download software from a source than you cannot verify.
12. Stay alert and use common sense. If something doesn’t feel right, trust your instincts and avoid unwise behavior.
13. Do not share your login credentials with unauthorized users of your account.
For additional information and tips regarding online security, visit the Department of Homeland Security.