OptionsHouse Security Practices
We take customer security and privacy very seriously. At OptionsHouse, we follow industry best practices for information security and have deployed a defense-in-depth, proactive security strategy to ensure your personal and confidential data remains secure. We keep all customer information confidential and utilize a variety of protections to enforce security of customer information:
- Encryption: All sensitive data that you transmit to OptionsHouse is sent with strong 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption.
- Border Protections: Routers and firewalls are a staple of Internet security, and OptionsHouse has deployed state-of-the-art solutions to segregate the outside world from critical infrastructure.
- Intrusion Prevention: Intrusion prevention systems inspect the requests made to the OptionsHouse platform to ensure the requests are valid and not hacker attempts or automated malware attacks.
- Regular Security Testing: OptionsHouse performs routine vulnerability scans and attack and penetration assessments to discover and remediate vulnerable portions of the site.
- Lockout Threshold on Failed Login Attempts: OptionsHouse will lock out accounts after a specific number of failed login attempts to prevent password attacks against your account. If you mistakenly lock yourself out, simply contact Customer Service to restore your account.
- Customized Automatic Logoff: To help ensure that your account does not become compromised in a shared computing environment, OptionsHouse will automatically log you out after a period of 30 minutes of inactivity.
We are dedicated to your protection and are constantly evaluating our security measures, policies and procedures to ensure that we provide the level of security you expect from OptionsHouse.