When a stock is Hard to Borrow (HTB), our clearing firm must utilize a third party to acquire the shares, because the stock is no longer in its inventory to lend (or is in short supply). The clearing firm is charged additional fees to acquire the stock; these fees are passed on to the customer. The fees vary based upon the market rate to borrow that specific security. All fees are passed through to the client on a daily basis.
FAQs  > Topic: Trading
Most Viewed FAQs
- Is there a minimum funding level?
- How do I transfer money from my bank into my account via ACH (Electronic Transfer)?
- What Are Your Margin Requirements?
- Can I use a wire transfer to deposit funds into my account?
- How is day trading buying power calculated?
- How do I place an order?
- How do I transfer my account from another financial institution to OptionsHouse?
- Which mobile phones or devices are supported by the OptionsHouse mobile site?
- Can I use OptionsHouse on a Mac?
- What types of ACAT transfers are there?