A wash sale occurs when you sell securities at a loss and within 30 days before or after the sale you buy or acquire substantially identical stock or securities. The amount of the disallowed loss is then added to the cost basis of the shares acquired. Wash sales are only tracked within the same symbol/CUSIP for 1099 reporting purposes. Please consult your tax advisor for any additional wash sale reporting obligations.
FAQs  > Topic: Taxes
Most Viewed FAQs
- Is there a minimum funding level?
- How do I transfer money from my bank into my account via ACH (Electronic Transfer)?
- What Are Your Margin Requirements?
- Can I use a wire transfer to deposit funds into my account?
- How is day trading buying power calculated?
- How do I place an order?
- How do I transfer my account from another financial institution to OptionsHouse?
- Which mobile phones or devices are supported by the OptionsHouse mobile site?
- Can I use OptionsHouse on a Mac?
- What types of ACAT transfers are there?